Since ancient times, people have believed that certain objects can protect them from danger, disease and black magic and bring luck, happiness, wealth and other benefits. Such things are called talismans. It is customary to take them with you or keep them in the house so that they are under the protection of higher powers. Those who do not yet have a personal magical protector will have to figure out how to make a talisman for themselves. After its appearance, you will immediately feel how life began to change for the better.
The difference between a talisman and a talisman
The words "amulet" and "talisman" are considered equivalent and used synonymously.
But the difference between them, although small, is the following:
- The amulet protects a person from negative magical effects, diseases and misfortunes. It can be material (pectoral cross, donga with runic writing, horseshoe above the entrance door, etc. ) or immaterial (plot, whisper).
- A talisman is an object with supernatural powers that both protects against troubles and negative energies and attracts happiness and good luck. This can be an object carried with you or kept in the house, or a living creature such as a cat.
Will a homemade talisman work?
If you want to become the owner of an effective protective device, you can make it yourself.
According to esotericists, an amulet made with one's own hands has more pronounced magical properties than a given or purchased amulet.
If a person makes a protective thing for himself, he charges it with his energy while working. Thanks to this, the talisman begins to perceive him as its owner and helps him in all matters.
But this effect can be achieved, provided that you make the amulet in a good mood, without holding grudges or grudges against anyone.
If you begin to radiate negativity into the universe, you will charge the magical property with negative energy. Such a thing will not be able to protect against problems and attract luck.
What can talismans and amulets be made of?
In the production of amulets, raw materials of natural origin are used: wood, natural fibers, fur, leather, etc. These materials perfectly absorb negative energy from the outside world, protecting the owner from its destructive effects.
Affordable and effective material for making amulets at home. Bracelets, pendants and other magical attributes are made from it.
In order for a homemade talisman to maximize its magical properties, the energy of the material is also taken into account when making it.
Ladies are advised to choose female trees (poplar, cherry, birch, etc. ), while representatives of the stronger sex choose male trees (oak, hazel).
In addition, each tree has its own supernatural properties:
- Rowan protects from evil spirits;
- alder protects against adultery, helps good deeds;
- cherry preserves youth;
- the poplar protects against evil spirits;
- the hazelnut attracts wealth, protects against thieves;
- oak protects against the evil eye and curses, strengthens the energy field.
Natural fur contains the energy of the slain animal, so it must be used with care to make an amulet. This material helps self-confident people who are used to taking risks and showing aggression to achieve their goals.
A harmless person with an easy character will not benefit from a fur amulet.
Leather should be handled with care for the same reason as fur. It is not suitable for a good-hearted person who prefers to live a quiet life with his family.
The leather amulet is chosen by those who walk on the edge of the knife.
Burlap and natural fabric
Fabric talismans are easy to sew with your own hands. Most often, they are made in the form of protective dolls. Such products are suitable for everyone, regardless of gender, age and type of activity.
Threads and ribbons
Natural threads and ribbons are universal materials that can be used to make amulets for people of any age, gender and occupation. They are used to make protective dolls, bracelets, car pendants and other protective features.
Herbs, flowers and berries
Many plants have magical powers that humans can use for their own benefit.
Properties of herbs, berries and flowers in talismans:
- St. John's wort and hawthorn protect against evil spirits;
- rosehip gives well-being, transforms negative energy into positive;
- Rowan protects against magical effects;
- elderberry cures diseases, protects against witchcraft;
- elm helps to gain valuable knowledge;
- verbena develops the gift of foresight, attracts the opposite sex, heals and protects against evil spirits;
- elecampane protects against injury and the evil eye, attracts love, repels illness;
- Ivan da Marya helps to preserve love and loyalty;
- chamomile relieves anxiety and attracts love;
- nettle removes damage, protects against witchcraft and the evil eye, gives courage;
- Clover and sage bring luck and prosperity.
Stones and minerals
Precious stones and semi-precious stones are not the most suitable materials for making talismans with your own hands, as they require processing, which is impossible without special tools and skills.
But if there is such an opportunity, then the master must take into account the compatibility of the horoscope with the selected gemstone.
Beeswax has long been used to make amulets against damage, everyday problems and diseases. Candles and figures made of melted wax are also used for protection.
Salt has long been known for its ability to absorb negativity, so it is used to ward off the evil eye and witchcraft. By adding it to the dough, you can get a plastic with magical properties, which is suitable for making protective figures.
In order for the salt dough talisman to bring the desired benefits, additional ingredients are added:
- garlic - protects against the tricks of evil spirits;
- sunflower seeds - used in children's amulets to protect the child from diseases;
- egg - helps those who dream of reproduction;
- millet - protects from the evil eye;
- poppy - fulfills wishes;
- cereals and beans - attract wealth and give physical strength.
Rules for making a talisman or amulet for good luck
If you make your own protective equipment, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Perform all actions alone, without the distraction of extraneous sounds and activities.
- Communicate mentally with the talisman while working, ask it for help and fill it with your positive energy.
- Create an amulet in a room lit by the moon or sunlight. Don't sit down to work when the sky is overcast.
- While working, read a prayer addressed to your guardian angel or "Our Father".
- Believe in the magical power of the produced article.
Talismans by zodiac sign
Astrologers advise to make a talisman, taking into account the zodiac sign of the person for whom it is intended. In this case, one can feel the effect of the magical property as best as possible.
Amulets suitable for representatives of different signs can be found in the table.
|Figures and pictures
|Ruby, diamond, amethyst, sapphire
|Sun, military symbols (gun, armor, sword, shield, dagger, arrow)
|Emerald, chalcedony, chrysoprase
|Bull, horseshoe, owl, elephant
|Alexandrite, topaz, agate
|Air symbol, snake, key, mask, wings
|Yin and yang balance symbol, heart, crescent, cat
|Necklace made of round beads
|Ruby, citrine, topaz
|Lion, sun, sunflower, eagle, star, crown, torch, swan
|Gold coin or antique ring
|Jasper, peridot, jade
|Grasshopper, owl, aster
|Amulets made of wood and clay
|Tourmaline, diamond, opal
|Libra symbol, book, maze, butterfly, dove, sunflower
|Aquamarine, black opal, garnet, hematite
|Scorpion, scarab, frog, any symbolism associated with the realm of the dead
|Lizard, star, phoenix, any harness element (saddle, horseshoe, bridle)
|Frog, lizard, crocodile, black cat, turtle, ladder
|Sapphire, zircon, amethyst
|2 wave symbols; everything related to the air (clouds, birds, insects, airplanes) is a key lock
|Peridot, aquamarine, amethyst
|Fish, jellyfish, musical instruments
|Beads made from sea shells, corals and pearls
The best home talismans and amulets for good luck
To make a homemade amulet, you can use materials that can be found in almost every home.
Since ancient times, women in Slavic countries have decorated their heads with ribbons on which protective symbols were embroidered. Any seamstress can make such a talisman at home.
For this you will need:
- red silk or cotton ribbon;
- natural colored embroidery threads;
After placing the ribbon in the hoop, embroider images of natural objects that can protect a person from evil. These include the sun, moon, stars, earth, plants, water, etc.
It is not at all necessary to decorate the head with a ready-made ribbon. It can be tied to a bag, sewn to clothes, or worn on the wrist instead of a bracelet. In any case, the tape protects the person who created it from external negativity.
Runic divorce or a rune
A powerful amulet is a piece of wood or cardboard on which protective runes or rune sticks are painted.
You can use symbols such as:
- Algiz (protects from ill-intentioned people, envy and gossip, accidents, bankruptcy).
- Thurisaz (protects against gossip, toxic relationships, damage, intrigue, envy).
- Teyvaz (protects home and money, helps a person overcome obstacles on the way to the goal).
- Isa (neutralizes negative external influences, helps the owner to get out of the conflict situation with minimal losses).
- Algiz - Odal - Algiz (stands for the safety of the house).
- Algiz - Eyvaz - Isa (the formula protects a person and his family from magical influence and indicates the one who committed witchcraft).
If the runic talisman is for the protection of the house, then it is hidden in the house. Carry the personal amulet with you in a bag, pocket or purse.
If you received a ring as a gift or bought a new one, you can write it for happiness and good luck.
To do this, take the jewel in your hand and say the following spell over it:
The ring should then be placed in a glass of spring water with a pinch of salt for 7 days.
The enchanted ring must be worn by the person who cast it. You cannot give it to strangers, otherwise it will lose its power.
A procession amulet for good luck
This amulet came to us from the Jewish teachings of Kabbalah. To create it, you will need a red wool yarn. You need to cut a thread from it, the length of which is 4-5 cm longer than the circumference of the wrist.
Tie the cut thread on the wrist of your left hand and make 7 knots (you can tie it if you like).
The fiber bracelet cannot be removed until it breaks on its own. This amulet protects the owner from the evil eye and attracts good luck.
The paper is made of wood, so it is a natural material from which amulets can be made.
For a talisman that attracts luck, you will need:
- a thick sheet of gold or yellow paper;
- a simple pencil;
- pen with bright ink;
- natural wax (you can melt a church candle).
- At midnight, draw a five-pointed star on the paper.
- To attract good luck, draw a four-leaf clover, lucky wheel or other lucky symbol in the middle of the figure.
- During the drawing process, constantly say the following words: "Let this talisman help you achieve (voice the goal)" or "May this talisman protect (name)"
- Cut out the finished star and place it in melted wax. To help him achieve what he wants, keep him close to you.
Before making an amulet with your own hands, you need:
- Go to the forest, choose a strong tree with thick branches and ask him for permission to cut one.
- After that, saw down the selected branch and leave a coin or a handful of grain under the tree as a ransom.
- After returning home, the branch should be placed in a dry place for 2-3 weeks. During this time, it absorbs the energy of the home and its inhabitants.
- When the allotted time is up, cut a piece of wood from the branch and start making the amulet.
Step by step production:
- Give the sawn piece the desired shape (circle, cross, animal figure), sand it thoroughly. Make a hole at the top for the rope.
- Draw or burn the selected protective image (ancient Slavic symbol, zodiac sign, etc. ) on the surface.
- Coat the product with wall varnish or beeswax. Let it dry.
- Thread the wire through the hole.
Salt dough amulet
To make a dough that absorbs negativity and protects a person and his home from evil, you will need:
- 200 g of flour;
- 100 g of rock salt;
- 100 ml warm water.
If desired, additional products mentioned above (poppies, eggs, etc. ) can be added to the dough.
- Knead the listed ingredients into a hard and flexible mass that does not stick to your hands.
- When the dough reaches the desired consistency, shape it into a protective figure. It can be a symbol that matches your zodiac sign, or a universal talisman that brings good luck (dragon, elephant, horseshoe, etc. ).
- Place the finished craft +75. . . in an oven heated to +100 °C and dry for 1-3 hours (the time depends on the size of the product).
- If there is no oven, dry the talisman outdoors, but then this process will take several days. It is important to protect the figure from direct sunlight, otherwise it will crack and collapse.
- Paint the dried amulet with gouache or acrylic paints, then cover it with several layers of furniture or transparent nail varnish.
Once the figure is completely dry, it can be used for protective purposes.
Its fur is a talisman for good luck
You can make a brownie out of real pieces of fur that will protect your home from misfortune. It can also be hidden in the car to protect it from theft and accidents.
For the craft you will need:
- pieces of natural fur;
- thread with a needle;
- eyes, nose, mouth (you can buy it in a craft store or make it yourself from paper or other material).
- Cut out 2 circles with a diameter of 10 cm from the fur, sew them with the right side inwards, then turn them inside out. Fill the back of the product with foam to get a round shape. Sew up the remaining hole.
- Make a face for the amulet by gluing the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cut out and sew the arms and legs from the remaining fur. Sew or glue them to the body of the brownie.
The finished figure must be kept in a place where strangers cannot see it. In this case, you will have a reliable talisman in your home or car.
Amulet of dried herbs
To make a talisman from plants, you will need:
- Go to a clearing or forest during the waxing moon. Collect herbs and flowers that attract luck and protect against damage (their properties are described above).
- Dry them at home.
- Sew a bag from a piece of burlap, fill it with dried herbs, and tie the top with lace or ribbon.
The finished talisman can be hidden in the house (sewn into a pillow, placed on a windowsill, placed near the front door), or put in a pocket and kept with you.
What to do if the talisman doesn't work or you can't make it
A self-made amulet should show its magical properties within a few days after starting to use it. If it doesn't work, it means that mistakes were made during production.
The lack of results is most often faced by those who made the talisman in a bad mood or were distracted by extraneous thoughts while working. That's when it's worth trying again to create a magical thing.
In the situation where you cannot make an amulet, do not despair. You can order its manufacture from the master or buy a ready-made protective symbol.
It is important that the object brings joy to its owner. Then he will protect her.
Activating the talisman
All home-made or purchased talismans must be charged with magical power before use. They do this with the help of 4 elements: Water, Earth, Air and Fire.
- Bury the amulet in the ground for half an hour.
- Rinse with spring or well water.
- Smoke it out with incense or leave it in the fresh air for half an hour.
- Hold for 1-2 minutes over a burning candle or fire.
It is advisable to complete all activation stages in one day. In the evening after the ceremony, you need to put the product under the pillow and go to bed. You can start using the talisman in the morning.
How to use
The amulet helps if it is worn correctly and regularly cleanses it of the negative energy it absorbs during use. In addition, you must learn how to say goodbye to a magical property when it no longer fulfills its protective function.
When wearing a talisman, the following rules must be observed:
- Try to wear the protective symbol for at least a few hours every day. It must be constantly fed by the owner's energy.
- Wear or carry the talisman whenever you need the support of higher powers.
- No one other than the owner should wear or hold their amulet.
- Hide a magical item from prying eyes. Thanks to this, it protects its owner better and longer.
Purification of the talisman
The amulet tends to absorb the negative energy directed by others against its owner. Once you are overwhelmed by negativity, your defenses weaken and you stop helping.
The cleansing ritual will help restore the magical properties of the talisman, which will help you get rid of accumulated energy.
For this you need:
- Sprinkle salt in an even layer on the bottom of the glass container.
- Place the amulet in the jar.
- Cover with salt and let stand for 12 hours, then take out and shake.
This ritual is repeated every time the amulet no longer helps.
How to get rid of a talisman
When the amulet breaks or tears, it indicates that it is so full of negative energy that it can no longer fulfill its protective function. A failed attribute must be destroyed.
You can do this in two ways:
- Burn it on fire or in the flame of a wax candle (suitable for objects made of cloth, paper or other flammable materials).
- Go to a lake and throw it into the water (this method is chosen for heavy objects that sink easily).
Before parting with the amulet, you must thank him for all the help he has given you all this time and apologize for having to say goodbye to him. After the ritual, you can make a new amulet for yourself.